The life of me, Budgyrl

I am pretty sure the title says it all

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Place Title Here

Well, the countdown to Cancun continues. I leave in 5 days. I got a tankini over the weekend and Budman asked why I only got one! So now I have to go and buy another one! I also need some shorts and I need to continue tanning.

I am already half way packed too. WOOHOO!!!

I have been extremely busy at work lately so that makes it a little harder to get stuff ready while I'm at work. However, my hard work has really been paying off. Last week I received a certificate of appreciation from one of my program managers that he made sure to send to the president to give to me. And another one of my PM's called my supervisor to thank her for putting me on the contract, that he is very appreciative of me and he also told her I have a wonderful relationship with the customer. It made my entire week and weekend! It also makes me want to work even harder!

***LUNCH BREAK***

OK, so when I went out for lunch, (I went to Kohl's and got another bikini and a really cute pair of shorts) I was listening to the local classic rock station. They were playing Janis, Zeppelin, The Eagles, ya know, the good stuff. Then, out of no where, on came Bon Jovi Wanted Dead or Alive!! What the hell?? When did that become classic rock? Am I really that old that the music I listened to in middle school and high school is now classic rock? When the hell did this happen? I know that I am not the first person to go through this, but it tends to sting a bit.


I am sad now and must contemplate how I will deal with this....

5 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger NineCats said...

Heh, Bon Jovi is almost a old as me! He was born in 1962!

You on the other hand are still a kid! ;o)

At least compared to me...

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Taz said...

WOOHOOO, you go girl! It's so nice to be recognized for hard work. I know you've been working your tail off and I'm glad that the powers that be have shown their appreication of it. I'm proud of you. :o)
Don't worry about the Bon Jovi thing. I felt the same way when I heard Motley Crue being featured on our local classic rock channel. THEN I got the invite for my 20 year class reunion. UGH Just keep in mind...We ain't getting older...we're getting better!

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Ethel said...

Isn't it depressing? That song rocks, though.

Yay for the upcoming trip!!!!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

Cancun, Tankinis, Bikinis, Classic Rock n Roll, stop, 'm overheating here. And then to mention Program Managers, I'm all aflutter (I'm an insurance geek).

Have a safe fun trip!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Budgyrl said...

Thanks guys! I'm over it now, cause I'm goin to CANCUN!!!!

Jeremiah, you crack me up!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home