The life of me, Budgyrl

I am pretty sure the title says it all

Monday, March 05, 2007

Let's Give This Another Go

I cannot use the "I don't have time excuse" for blogging since one of my internets friends, who has two kids, one on the way and a dick head boss and he finds the time, I have no more excuse. I do not always have stuff to talk about, so I'll make up stuff I guess.

Today is a real day. I am super excited because my husband and I were invited to go to Bristol in a few weeks. Neither one of us has ever been and it's a track we have really wanted to go to. One of the problems in front of me is that we as of now have no place to stay. For those of you who don't know, NASCAR is a very popular sport; it has been for a long time. Bristol is a very popular track and always sells out. Now I have to find a hotel room that is a reasonable distance away for a reasonable price. Those two things may vary in accordance with how close the race is. Well, it's in 3 weeks so I don't really see myself being able to find a place to stay that has either of those two things. We shall see I suppose.

The other problem is that it's about a 5-hour drive from here, which for me is not a problem. I went to college 8 hours away and drove it by myself at least 5 times a year, maybe more depending on how homesick I was. The problem is my Budman. He doesn't do well on short car trips. He is going to be nauseous and generally in a bad mood for the entire drive. I could rent a few movies and use Budboy's DVD player, but then Budman may feel left out because he can't watch a movie. I could sleep, but then he will complain that is tired when we get there and that I got to sleep the whole way. Driving is out of the question because he won't let me for one and second, he will be Mr. micromanager if I'm driving, like I'm 15 and just got my learners. Good times will not be had.

Nevertheless, if those are the only two problems I will have, I can deal. We are going to Bristol and I don't care! I'll find a hotel, we will pay out the ass, but we will have a place to stay. I'll get through the drive and so will he because we will be all giddy and stuff. We can do NASCAR math on the way there, which is always fun, and smoke lots of cigarettes. Then, when we get there, we will begin drinking immediately and not stop until we go to sleep Sunday night.

WOOHOO, Bristol, here I come!!!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger Penske said...

About time you got back to this!!! Have a blast at Bristol!!

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger NineCats said...

Welcome back!

I know you'll have a fun time at Bristol.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Good luck on that motel thing. The last time I stayed at a motel was on a trip home from a concert. We didn't figure finding a room would be a problem. We were wrong. The nearest room we could find was 150 miles from the ampitheatre. We were actually closer to home by the time we found a place.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Taz said...

I think you should ditch Budman and take your gyrls with ya. Pillow fights, babyoil wrestling, jello shots...fun will be had by all :wink:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home