The life of me, Budgyrl

I am pretty sure the title says it all

Friday, September 29, 2006

Daddy's Birthday Party

Today is my daddy's surprise birthday party. He is going to be 70 tomorrow. I am so excited about tonight. I think he knows about it and that makes me kind of sad, but I know he will never ever admit that he knows or that he knew.

He was at my house on Wednesday night babysitting the Budkids and someone from his bible study class called to RSVP. Had it been any of his other friends, I could have covered because I talk to them anyway on a regular basis. But not the bible study group because I've never met any of them. My daddy answered the phone and the man on the other end said something along the lines of "I'm calling to RSVP to Ralph's birthday party." I don't know if he said when or anything, but then my dad said, "Do you know who this is?", he said "no" and my dad said. "this is Buddad." then the man hung up. Then my dad's cell phone rang and it was him and he asked him where he was and he said "I'm at my daughter's house" he said OK thanks and hung up. I wasn't worried because my Aunt was coming so that would have been a surprise, but she called last night and she is too sick to make the drive.

Oh well, he will love it anyway and I know that he appreciates the effort, but like I said, we will never know if he really knows or not. He would never tell us it wasn't a surprise. He is the best daddy in the entire world. He does anything for me and always has. I just pray that he knows how much he is appreciated and how much I adore him.

My daddy was the first man I ever loved and like many other little girls, I wanted to marry him when I was little. He will always be my hero and I will always love him more and more every second of every day.

Happy birthday daddy!!!

2 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger NineCats said...

Beautiful post! I know he'll have a wonderful time, cause he has a wonderful daughter!

Happy Birthday BudDad!

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

Hi Budgyrl!

I'm back, I think...

Must be fate to have a Daddy posting as your last, as it is my re-1st.

Jeremiah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home